Friday, February 20, 2015

A Day In The Snow (Ok, really only 45 minutes)

Monday was President's Day.  The girls did not have school.  The two youngest decided they wanted to go out and play in the snow.


15 years into parenting and I'm still learning to embrace these moments instead of listening to the voice in my head that is whining about the piles of wet clothes that come as a result of such activities.


Five minutes before they went out I heard another voice...one that said, "Go out with them, they would love it!" (I'm learning to listen to this voice more and more)

 (Do you see that camper in the background? It belongs to our neighbors, but I stare at it longingly on a regular basis)

As I started to get dressed, the girls were in shock. (This momma does not love the cold or the snow...give me a beach and I'll play with you ALL DAY LONG!)


It really was a beautiful day, though.  The snow was perfect for snowballs.


We had just gotten started when my 15 year old stuck her head out the door and asked if she could join us.  Be still oh my heart...


We were outside for only about 45 minutes.  Vaughn surprised us by joining us half way through (he's usually the one to do this, but I told him I would go out this time).  We were missing one.  Kyan was sledding with some friends.


I've blogged about it before...trying to be present, learning to embrace the moment, not forgetting that I still have littles, along with bigs.  Those 45 minutes were worth every piece of wet clothing currently laying in my garage. 

And now, I will continue my countdown to summer. (please do not leave a comment reminding me that summer is a number of snowfalls away...I'm well aware of this!)

To My Girls -- Thanks for always acting excited when mom joins in to play.  I cherish every one of these moments with each of you!





No comments:

Post a Comment